Questions to Answer in Your Video CV
When creating your video CV, it’s advisable to structure your presentation around three questions. This will help to focus your mind and help you showcase your key skills and attributes.
We would advise preparing an answer to one question within each of the following categories. Prepare and rehearse your answers before recording your video CV.
Category 1: Skills and Attributes
- What is your best skill?
- What would your friends say is the best thing about you?
- What 3 words would your friends and family use to describe you, and why?
Category 2: Career Interests
- What kind of job are you looking for?
- What industry are you interested in?
- What job do you see yourself doing in 2 years?
Category 3: Motivation & Achievement
- What is your greatest achievement?
- What are you most proud of?
- What inspires you?
When you’re ready to film your final version, make sure the quality of your audio is good. Employers need to be able to clearly hear what you’re saying.
Film your video in front of a plain wall or background, with no furniture or objects visible around you.
Consider making the video dynamic by using different shots and camera angles.
Do a few takes – you then have plenty to choose from when you’re editing your film.